Thursday 10 May 2012

Lincoln, Kellie's old haunt!

We woke up in my old home town today, well it was home 12 years ago for 9 months however it has changed a fair bit since then but it was good to be there anyway.

We began the day with a walk up steep hill - aptly named I might add, as the hill requires a rest mid way as it is so steep! We had a rest but only for a minute then headed up to the top.

It's funny, but 12 years ago I never saw half the things I saw today and I was here for a long time, but never fully appreciated it when I was only 20.

We mooched in the little nick nack shops and looked at the roman ruins - which I didn't even know we're there - and had tea and scones in a little tea place up near the cathedral. The scones were huge and had clotted cream and jam. I have now decided that clotted cream is the only way to indulge proper, otherwise it's just cream! Clotted cream rocks!

We saw inside the cathedral which is stunning and matches many of them in Europe. They truly are amazing to see, being religious or not they are still a sight to behold.

We met so many people today, as they hear your accent and want to know where you are from, where you are headed, where you have seen so far, etc. Its nice to talk to the locals as their accent is so strong and it's a game to try and understand them and connect the dots in the conversation!

Mum and I went and had a drink in the pub I used to work in - The Still - but thee are new owners there so I couldn't properly reminisce. The place looks exactly the same tho so it was nice to be there again.

Mum got her hair cut in the Arvo, as she was almost ready to shave it off it was getting so long for her. We were going to see a movie but there was bugger all on so went to have mexican for dinner and early bed. Mum got an episode of coronation street and Britons got talent in first before hitting the hay... Lol!

The next day we spent the morning in the markets and walked down to my old halls of residence in the uni. It was strange but good memories all the same. We then headed for the Lake District for some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment