Friday 6 April 2012

Last day in London was a ripper!

Mum and I spent our last day in London casing the shops for bargains and goodies. We started the day off by heading to Abbey Rd to walk the infamous zebra crossing and get the usual silly photos.

Mum was so excited to be at Abbey Rd but somehow remained subdued whilst on the crossing. I on the other hand felt this overwhelming desire to dance my way across the crossing. So I did!

We wrote messages for the Beatles on the pillars outside Abbey Rd Studios and we had a fabulous time there. We then hit the Beatles memorabilia shop and spent up big. Mum bought an Abbey Rd t-shirt and some other things, and I bought a Beatles satchel which is really cool.

Afterwards we headed to Harrods where the wallet got another workout. I bought some lovely things for some friends and mum bought some great chocolate which I am sad to report wont make it home, it actually didn't make it past the train station going home that arvo. It was delicious! We got to try on beautiful perfumes and climb the Egyptian staircase which was stunning.

We then headed to Hamleys which is a huge toy store, and I mean huge! It's like 4 or 5 levels high and has every toy imaginable.... Except the one mum wanted! Mum was after a Noddy toy but there was not one to be seen. They had some lovely things there tho.

A short walk from there was Carnaby St which was the height of fashion during the 60's in London. Sadly it is a modern version these days and it had changed so much even compared to when we were there last 12 years ago.

We stopped at Picadilly circus on the way and got some pics of the famous intersection. Again very different than the pics we got 12 years ago, and it will be great to compare them.

Later that night we went out to celebrate our cousin's Madeline and Thomas' birthdays (they are twins) turning 28. We went out for a Chinese banquet and drinks. It was delicious but they have different things to what we have here. I tried fried seaweed with brown sugar on top which was surprisingly good. Also tried plum sauce ribs which were equally as good. After a few drinks we headed home for laughs and cake. Was a really good night and mum and I will miss our 2nd and 3rd cousins respectively very much. We plan to come back and see them more before we head back to Australia.

Tonight we are staying in London ready for the beginning of our tour tomorrow. In 24 hours we will be in France which is an exciting but nerve racking prospect. I really should have practiced my French more!!

After those drinks last night I am sad to report i am feeling my age... Not too good LOL xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment